“To provide local communities with AAU/Olympic sanctioned Tae Kwon Do training in an atmosphere designed to enhance the student’s physical, mental and spiritual well being.”
Who We Are
Yeshá Ministries is a tax exempt, 501(c)(3), Community Development organization. Yeshá’s classes are free of month to month charges so anyone can participate, regardless of their financial ability. We give our time and energies to those willing to learn. It is our desire to make the training balanced so each person may maximize their personal and professional potential through:
- Physical Training - for the healthy conditioning of our bodies.
- Mental Training - for the discipline of our minds and lifestyles to better serve our community.
- Spiritual Training - for the strengthening and enlightenment of the individual to better enable him/her to achieve their spiritual goals.
Yeshá was founded by Charles W. Coker, a 7th Degree Grandmaster who holds Dan grade certifications from the USA Tae Kwon Do Association, Korean Ji Do Kwan Association, World Ko Am Mu Do Federation and Kukkiwon. He was an active competitor retiring in 1983 ranked 2nd (in his division) internationally by Black Belt Magazine.
Yeshá began as a single Tae Kwon Do class at Neptune Baptist Church; Neptune Beach, Florida on June 13, 1983 after Grandmaster Coker closed the commercial schools he and his brother (Grandmaster James Coker) owned. Before long, schools were started in other churches, community centers and store fronts maintaining the same principles and free training. Yeshá continues to train on both an educational and competitive level. We are one of the few AAU, USA Tae Kwon Do Association and World Tae Kwon Do Federation membership groups in the country. Our competitors are recognized worldwide for their abilities and accomplishments.
Recent Recognition & Awards
- Competitors from Yesha Ministries won a combined 40 medals at the recent AAU National Championships in Ft. Lauderdale and the AAU Junior Olympics in Des Moines, Iowa.
- Yeshá Ministries attains 2009 Silver Membership in the USA Tae Kwon Do Association (America’s Olympic Sanctioning Body) because of its growth and student development.
- United States Senator Mel Martinez recognizes Yeshá for service to our community and the state of Florida.
- Grandmaster Coker is a 2009 inductee into the “Master’s Hall of Fame”
- In 2008 Yeshá was recognized as “Community Service Group of the Year” by the Daniel Memorial Foundation.
- The Jacksonville City Council issued a proclamation recognizing Yeshá (February 12, 2008) for 25 years of service to the First Coast Community.
- Each of our National Champions (65 medals in last three years) and leaders has also been recognized by City Council members.
- International recognition has come from as far as Seoul, Korea (Tae Kwon Do Ji Do Kwan Korea) for our work with children.
Please take a moment to read the Yeshá Press Releases. Thank you.